Senior Product Designer, Ads Enablement
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Team: Ads Platform
Location: Remote (Pacific Time Zone Preferred, not required)
Onsite required monthly in Los Angeles and Los Gatos
Strong Recommendation: *Please submit a portfolio in your application (with the password)
At Netflix, we aspire to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created, and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 220 million paid members.
We recently launched a new ad-supported tier to offer our members more choice in how they consume their content. Our new tier allows us to attract new members at a lower price point, while also creating a compelling path for advertisers to reach audiences that are deeply immersed.
To help us deliver this compelling experience, we’re looking for a highly ambitious, visionary, and experienced Senior Product Designer who will help enable our ads experience and integrations with our ads partners. Additionally, you will be a strategic partner with our product, engineering, business, and sales teams to develop visibility into Ads performance and member delight.
You will also partner closely with product designers working on delivering a delightful, engaging, and highly relevant Ads experience for our Netflix members.
This will be a remote-friendly role, with the freedom to set a flexible work-from-home schedule. This role would be best for candidates located in California or in the Pacific time zone, as monthly in-person travel will be required to collaborate with stakeholders and partners in Los Angeles, CA and Los Gatos, CA. That said, we can always make exceptions in location for the right candidate.
About Our Team
Our team designs the enterprise ecosystem that scales Netflix entertainment through our global partnerships with telecoms, device manufacturers, game studios, advertisers, and data centers. We also design the foundational capabilities and technology for the next generation of Netflix experiences, like games.
Our team’s primary superpower is the ability to design creatively and collaboratively in highly technical environments – from core services that power Netflix messaging to industry-leading partnership platforms.
You’ll be one of the lead designers who craft the apps, tools, and services that enable these experiences and partnerships. More specifically, you’ll be a critical part of one of the most talented and trailblazing enterprise design teams in the world.
What You Will Do
• Lead the design and execution of enterprise integrations that power Netflix's ads experience.
• Identify, research, and drive strategic partner initiatives that enable ads for our members.
• Craft design briefs that provide business, design, and engineering clarity for critical initiatives.
• Collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists, tech writers, and business teams to develop and iterate upon new concepts and facilitate product execution.
What We’re Looking For
• A passionate energy for great design and amplifying our team culture.
• 8+ years as a Product Designer (or equivalent experience) in the B2B2C space, leading high-impact initiatives from concept to execution in technical business areas.
• A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and problem-solving skills, specifically case studies that demonstrate expertise and leadership with complex business platforms.
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global operations teams.
• Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design systems.
• Excellent communication skills that excite stakeholders and articulate a vision.
• Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail (e.g writing documentation to support your design decisions).
• Experience working with complex internal systems, data platforms, and highly technical environments (like API platforms).
• Experience leading design strategy for B2B2C ads platform initiatives (e.g. influencing product direction through the lens of experience design).
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top-of-market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $240,000-$725,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off.
See more detail about our Benefits here. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.