Technical Program Manager (L6) - Platform Engineering
Software Engineering, IT, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Team:
Platform Engineering aims to enable Netflix to scale effectively and empower our technical talent to focus on building innovative experiences for our members, partners, and creators worldwide. We do this by providing a highly available, reliable, secure, compliant, and performant platform of data, software, and infrastructure solutions that:
- meet the needs of our growing business
- accelerate the productivity of Netflix engineers, scientists, and data users
- maintain cost-efficiency that is at most linear to the growth of our business
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager for the Platform Engineering organization focused on large cross-functional programs that impact almost all of engineering at Netflix. This individual will partner closely with product management, engineering managers, directors, and VPs across multiple organizations to execute on programs.
- Leading multiple cross-functional programs in collaboration with product, engineering, design, and data science.
- Provide deep domain expertise to formulate technical strategies with engineering partners.
- Leverage the insights and experience from your work to influence the improvement of underlying technologies, architectures, and operations.
- Drive engagement with internal partners by working with them to decompose requirements into technical execution plans with measurable milestones.
- Effectively optimize the scope and schedule of deployments, manage cross-functional dependencies, and proactively manage risks.
- Craft clear communication of progress toward goals, reporting status to stakeholders and leadership.
- 10+ years of experience driving large-scale software projects with engineering and product teams.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure release management.
- Direct experience in big data, online data store or data analytics infrastructure is beneficial.
- Proven experience creating partnerships with cross-functional teams, driving large-scale technical strategies, debating technical approaches, and building long-term scalable solutions.
- Able to identify gaps in solutions and weigh in on product vs. technology tradeoffs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate the business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience.
- Self-starter who enjoys quickly bringing organization and direction.
- Exemplify the Netflix culture by understanding, advocating, and demonstrating its values.
What sets you apart?
- You can drive from strategy to execution with minimal direction.
- You are highly skilled and experienced and enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts - people, needs, and technologies.
- You have the ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches, and weigh in on product vs. technology tradeoffs.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, pulling data to provide insight, debug issues, and monitor system health.
- You have a data-driven mindset in your decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding and point of view within your technical domain(s) of expertise.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $230,000 - $960,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more details about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.