Associate, Production Finance, Nonfiction
Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with more than 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
This Production Finance Associate position will be based in our Hollywood office and will support Netflix Production Finance Executives and coordinate with our partner production services companies. This role will be a part of the Nonfiction team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with numerous other Netflix teams including production, business affairs, post-production, creative, and corporate accounting.
- Collaborate with production services companies and Production Accountants.
- Process show fundings and talent payments in accordance with deals and schedules.
- Track show fundings and schedules and update cash forecasts accordingly.
- Track budget drafts and notes.
- Ensure production cost reports are submitted timely.
- Map budgets to Netflix chart of accounts, update to internal Netflix production database.
- Onboard production services company accounting teams to Netflix policies and procedures.
- Update show-related information in Netflix systems.
- Assist with auditing select production accounts payable, journal entry, and payroll records.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as needed.
- Embrace and embody the Netflix culture.
- 4+ years experience in finance - entertainment industry highly preferred.
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel or Google Sheets skills.
- A degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $50,000-240,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.