Engineering Manager - User Experience (TV, Mobile & Web)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Design
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Netflix is transforming how people enjoy TV shows, movies, live events, and games. While we already serve 260 million members across 190 countries, our major growth phase is still to come. Our team develops the TV, web, and mobile applications members use to discover and enjoy great entertainment. Our purpose is to increase member satisfaction by proving our product ideas through creativity and analytical thinking. Achieving this requires skilled, inquisitive leaders who can contribute widely and spearhead technical solutions that can scale across a diverse range of devices and ambitious product features.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager capable of originating and sourcing impactful ideas and leading a vibrant team aimed at elevating the Netflix user experience on TV, mobile, and web. This position entails improving app performance, reducing errors, enhancing accessibility, and up-leveling the aesthetic appeal of our apps. The perfect fit would be someone who truly thrives on delivering stellar user experiences.
Our unique culture enables you to do your best work and grow as a technologist, leader, and person.
What you'll do
- Team leadership: hire, mentor, and inspire a dream team
- Product leadership: define and execute an impactful roadmap in partnership with product leaders, design experts, data analysts, consumer researchers, and other engineering teams
- Technical leadership: collaborate with cloud and device experts to define technical requirements and evolve our architecture
- Project leadership: drive progress using your domain expertise, by creating clarity for cross-functional teams, by using the broad Netflix business context you’ll develop on the job, and by leading through influence
- Culture leadership: be a role model of and advocate for Netflix culture
Why work at Netflix
- You’ve shipped consumer-facing client applications (e.g., web, mobile, or TV)
- You have built and led software engineering teams
- You know performance optimization techniques for client applications
- You can run with ambiguous requirements, be decisive when appropriate, and take smart risks
- You’re unafraid to take on new challenges and learn quickly to be effective in a new domain
- You’re proactive and results-oriented
- You communicate and collaborate effectively and can advocate for controversial positions
- You demonstrate user experience insights and have a usability and accessibility perspective
- Passion for movies, TV series, and technology with an understanding of the streaming media industry is a plus
We celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top-of-market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $190,000 - $920,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more details about our Benefits.