Hardware Operations Lead (L5)
Other Engineering, Operations
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Netflix is almost everywhere. Serving more than 200 million customers in over 190 countries on multiple device types such as Smart TVs, set-top boxes, phones, tablets, and computers. Netflix is striving to deliver the vision of #NetflixEverywhere.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. The Lab Operations team helps to support these efforts by maintaining extensive device labs with thousands of production, development, and custom home-grown hardware devices. We also keep the physical and logical infrastructure highly available and healthy so our colleagues can access the devices they need easily and reliably.
Your Role and Opportunity
As a Hardware Operations Lead, your primary responsibility will be the meticulous management and optimization of our hardware assets. Your role will encompass overseeing logistics for hardware devices that enable automation testing and maintaining professional relationships with our third-party vendors. You will also be entrusted with the task of identifying new opportunities for device management and refinement of the inventory life-cycle, defining criteria on device lifetime storage. All this while continuously striving to enhance our standards in hardware management and ensuring the highest level of customer service.
What you will do
- Hardware Management: Responsible for managing the hardware lifecycles of Netflix devices as well as organization of over 10,000 partner devices throughout various locations.
- Vendor Management: Establish and maintain relationships with third-party vendors. This includes issuing purchase orders, reviewing vendor invoices, leading partner meetings, and managing manufacturing schedules.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Regularly meet with stakeholders to explore new business opportunities for device management and storage.
- Asset Management: Oversee the workflow of hardware check-out and return to stakeholders, ensuring efficiency and accuracy in asset tracking.
- Logistics Support: Help support shipping and transit disruptions between our partners, carriers, and third-parties.
- Continuous Improvement: Cultivate a mindset geared towards continual enhancement of stored hardware management. Strive to set higher standards for installations and customer service for our stakeholders.
What you need to have
- 7+ years of proven experience in hardware and asset management.
- 7+ years of experience with third-party vendor management.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a strategic mindset focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel to stakeholder sites as needed.
- Sound knowledge of shipping logistics best practices.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with hand tools like power drills and screwdrivers
- A problem solving-attitude that can work with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Highly value your stakeholders and have a customer service mindset.
- Organizational mindset - maintaining order from chaos in our diverse inventory.
- Confidence in configuring electronics - Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TVs, Roku devices.
- Comfortable driving a company van for transporting devices when needed.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $100,000 - $700,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.