Technical Manager, Live Experiences
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
We are building world-class live experiences such as Squid Game The Trials, Stranger Things: The Experience, and Stranger Things: The Official Store to help promote our most-popular IP and build them into title brands, or franchises, so they drive long-term value and become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
As a Technical Manager, you will lead, consult on and oversee all technical aspects of the location based entertainment projects for the Experiences team, ensure they are executed to the level of technical excellence required by production and be the driver for new and innovative approaches to our experience slate.
What you will do:
- Ensure technical excellence in all aspects of the productions.
- Standardize best practices in Experience technology pipeline in both design and delivery.
- Execute all technical aspects of project scope to support creative vision, budget, schedule, & project strategy - including show design & production strategy, systems integration, overall safety, and maintenance.
- Create strategies for technical solutions for different types of experiences.
- Research and implement relevant innovative technologies into our experiences.
- Vet and hire third party technical vendors.
- Review and comment on technical drawings, designs and SOPs from our vendors to make sure they fit our creative vision, budget, schedule as well as our overall experiences strategy.
- Optimize and value-engineer through creative problem solving.
- Oversee timely execution of proof of concept mockups and staging efforts with vendors as needed.
- Work closely and communicate with Netflix creative, production and operations teams.
- Communicate with and solicit feedback from internal stakeholders such as CP cross-functional teams.
- Integrate our overall production and technical strategy into production “ways of working” with all partners.
- Establish regular meetings with key stakeholders to update on progress and solicit feedback.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated, 10+ years of technical experience in location based entertainment industry.
- Strong knowledge and excitement of both permanent and touring experiences around the world.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of technical (lighting, AV, show control, scenic integration, SFPX, rigging, programming, etc.)
- Well rounded knowledge of current and future technology trends.
- Excellent knowledge of Autodesk software (CAD, Revit, etc.)
- Experience in AR, VR, and emerging technologies production and integration.
- Strong desire to think outside the box and innovate through technical solutions.
- Strong desire to find innovative and creative technical solutions to different types of experiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and digital.
- Excellent organizing skills using digital tools and google suite.
- Global experience.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $170,000 - $360,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.