Administrative Assistant, Content Finance Controllership
Administration, Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen.
Netflix is seeking an Administrative Assistant (AA) to support the company’s Content Finance Controller. The Content Controller’s AA plays an important part in driving Content Finance Controllership leadership (i.e., CFC’s direct staff) by managing agendas, holding team members accountable to action items, coordinating onsites/offsites and establishing working relationships inside and outside of the group. This role is based in-office in Los Angeles on a hybrid schedule (3 days/week).
A successful candidate is self-motivated, proactive, and a strong communicator who is flexible and has the ability to make judgment calls and move quickly. Prior experience as an administrative assistant in a fluid, fast paced environment is a must as is having creative problem-solving ability. Netflix moves quickly, so we need someone who can not only be great in their day to day core work but can identify opportunities to make the overall team more organized and efficient. Someone who is curious, demonstrates significant initiative, and inherently exercises good judgment will be most successful both in the role and at Netflix.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain calendars for multiple directors
- Manage a large volume of various internal meetings such as all teams and large cross-functional meetings, often across multiple time zones (i.e. scheduling, soliciting agenda items, time management, delegation of action items)
- Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestically and internationally including processing corresponding expense reports
- Coordinate and help prepare agendas, presentations, and materials for team meetings and events as well as coordinate any follow up items
- Event planning (team events, offsites, support with external meetings). Responsible for management & coordination related to venue/vendor sourcing & logistics, agenda coordination & presentation logistics
- Assist with team projects and events as needed
- Support team-building and coordination
- Liaise with our corporate workplace team to be a point of contact for in office space planning as needed
- Maintain distribution lists, Google Groups, Slack channels and the like for the team and serve as POC for general team communications.
- This role is heavy with communication internally and externally
- Experience as an administrative or executive assistant supporting multiple leaders with large, global teams across multiple time zones and cultures
- Extensive experience within a technology or a rapidly scaling company
- Strong executive written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning experience is preferred - Creating and managing team events/outings to promote business and interpersonal networking needs. Responsibilities can include sourcing, coordination and management for all aspects of the venues/hotel, coordinating pre-planning, agendas, presentations, and AV needs
- Previous experience working with global and matrixed teams is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite is required
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information
- Responsive and able to work flexibly across multiple time zones
- Understanding of how to prioritize, organize, and respond accordingly
- Interest in technology, languages, entertainment or media
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $60,000 - $240,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.