Product Manager, Content Fulfillment
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment services with over 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Content Promotion & Distribution (CPD) sits at the intersection of the consumer experience and the Netflix Studio. Our team is integral to making the Netflix experience feel personal and relevant by developing innovative approaches to how we catalog, promote, localize, and distribute content. Because our products touch both members and content creators, we seek someone who can fluidly move between both worlds, applying strong product principles and strategic frameworks to the member experience while deeply empathizing with the art and craft required to create great content.
We are looking for a Product Manager to advance our portfolio of products that manage all the playable media assets consumed by over 260 million members worldwide. The Content Fulfillment PM is responsible for the systems and services that enable our business users around the world to order, route, prepare, deliver, validate, process, and track over 3M VOD assets annually; the critical content systems needed to ensure the accurate and timely fulfillment and evaluation of each and every playable media asset. You’ll develop innovative solutions to further scale how media assets are delivered, managed, and assembled for playback, including live streaming technology to support a growing programming slate of live events. You’ll optimize our quality control systems and workflows while innovating on how we protect the Netflix experience. You’ll partner closely with product managers across Globalization, Promotional Media, Marketing Technology, and adjacent Studio product areas.
This will be a remote-friendly role, with the freedom to set a flexible work-from-home schedule. This role would be best for candidates located in the Pacific time zone, as bi-monthly in-person travel may be necessary to collaborate with stakeholders and partners in Los Angeles, CA, and Los Gatos, CA. That said, we can always make exceptions in location for the right candidate.
About Our Team
We innovate on a portfolio of products, services, and data models responsible for the setup, preparation, fulfillment, and distribution of titles. Our goal is to make launching titles on Netflix as easy as pressing a button on your remote. We work with diverse and globally distributed groups of business users and vendors. We also build the foundational capabilities and technology for the next generation of Netflix experiences, like games, ads, and live.
Our team’s primary superpower is the ability to work creatively and collaboratively in highly technical environments – from core services that power Netflix search and discovery to industry-leading content management platforms.
What You Will Do
- Devise and communicate a vision and strategy for the domain broadly throughout the organization.
- Own the content fulfillment and QC portfolio of products that manage media assets and orchestrate workflows from creation to playback.
- Develop and deliver a roadmap that balances the needs of our partner teams and prioritizes what is most impactful for our members and the business.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and data science, to discover and execute opportunities through automation, including transforming workflows using ML and AI.
- Partner with different teams responsible for launching titles and new and emerging experiences, including Product Discovery & Promotions, Encoding Technologies, and Studio teams.
- Author strategy memos and presentations and represent your team’s work to senior executives.
- Operate with true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager within the media, content, and/or live streaming systems with a proven record of successfully prioritizing, ideating, and launching impactful products and solutions.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead a cross-functional team - your ability to build strong relationships is critical to success.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to balance short-term goals and long-term vision.
- Deep experience using data and metrics to influence business decisions, inform priorities, and evaluate impact of initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively across different technical teams and with data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians, etc.
- Excellent communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations whether in written documents, small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or to executives.
- An ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and drive alignment amid ambiguity.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $240,000 - $725,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.