Machine Learning Scientist Promotional Writing (L5) - Content and Studio
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world by connecting our members with an extensive library of stories from around the globe. We are revolutionizing international storytelling by connecting 260+ million members in over 190 countries, across 30+ languages, to the movies and TV shows they love. A crucial element in forging these connections is providing personalized textual insights about our shows and movies and highlighting the unique ways they appeal to diverse audiences.
The Promotional Writing Data Science and Engineering team is at the forefront of Netflix’s efforts to effectively promote titles and enhance the content discovery experience. Our team partners closely with Netflix's world-class creative writing teams to amplify and scale promotional writing for our members. We are looking for a seasoned Machine Learning Scientist to design and develop innovative Machine Learning (ML) solutions. In this rare opportunity, you will have the chance to define the direction for algorithmic strategies and spearhead the execution of ML solutions and ultimately shape how titles are promoted on Netflix and discovered by our members.
- Lead the end-to-end process of ML development and deployment spanning research, model training, offline and online evaluation, and large-scale productization
- Partner closely with other ML scientists and engineers to effectively integrate models into business applications and platforms
- Serve as a subject matter expert and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify new impactful opportunities, define roadmaps, amd execute on priorities
- Communicate complex concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to influence strategic decisions
- Stay abreast of cutting-edge advancements in the field to effectively implement innovative solutions and improve the promotional writing experience for our members
- Engage with the ML community, internal and external, to learn, to teach, and to contribute to building a great Netflix brand
- Strong foundation in ML and Deep Learning (DL), especially in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Understanding (NLU), and Generation (NLG). Research in summarization and generated text evaluation is a big plus.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with common ML/ DL frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- MS or PhD in ML, Computer Science or related fields
- Proven track record of bringing clarity to and leading ambitious roadmaps to solve complex problems
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and passionate about positively contributing to the team and company culture
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to take ownership, and thrive with minimal oversight and process
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $170,000 - $720,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.