Engineering Manager - Member Experience Core Systems
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating how entertainment is imagined, created, and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 240 million paid subscribers, and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming. Engineering teams within Netflix work hard every day to scale and innovate this content production and member experience in an ever-growing complex software landscape.
Our org is responsible for backend distributed systems that drive core aspects of the discovery experience like content and asset personalization and search. The teams are responsible for large scale offline systems as well as very high throughput, low latency systems that deliver personalized data in real-time to Netflix UI clients. The teams are involved in experimentation to continuously evolve the member experience as well as in developing foundational systems that help us accelerate innovation. We partner with a large set of cross-functional teams like ML researchers, Product Management, Content Creative teams, Product Design, Data Engineering, and many backend and client engineering teams.
What we are looking for in you:
- 3 years of people management experience
- A track record of hiring diverse, highly talented engineers and growing successful, highly impactful teams
- A passion for improving consumer experiences through strong partnerships with product leaders, ability to influence product direction and roadmaps
- Excellence in communicating context with the team, stakeholders, partners, and leadership. Ability to drive the team’s roadmap by connecting the dots between your team’s work and business needs, managing expectations, and navigating competing priorities
- Domain experience with personalization, AB testing, machine learning, cloud computing, and Java
- Strong technical acumen and ability to act as a technical advisor to the team. Experience building and operating distributed systems with a direct impact on the customer experience
- A leadership style that prioritizes giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others without micromanagement
- A BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $190,000 - $920,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.