Production Director, External Games
- Lead the team, live the culture, create a sense of community within the production team and evangelize this culture across the external games
- Mentor, manage, and lead multiple executive producers and a team of 20 plus Producers, creating growth and opportunities for their success while maintaining a balanced production capacity.
- Partner directly with VP, External Games, QA Manager, Head of Live service, Director of creative, and Head of Business Development to ensure a strong portfolio and business strategy
- Define, develop, and maintain the overall production strategy and roadmap for the portfolio including a clear vision, direction, and goals for the team.
- Identify and lead strategic initiatives across the portfolio to ensure our team and developers have the goals, frameworks and priorities they need to be successful across all aspects of Production
- Partner with business development and creative teams to ensure we are making the right decisions for our developers and members, ensuring we are on track to achieve our overall strategy
- Improve the capabilities and skill set of the production team.
- Take part in identifying new talent and oversee their onboarding.
- Own production budget management against individual games and production needs
- Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity, and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed.
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Work cross-functionally to create a healthy team culture based on rich communication, transparency and shared context.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and 1st party studios to establish and maintain a flow of information so we are aligned on frameworks, games, opportunities, and priorities
- Work directly with business development on developer evaluations when applicable and communicate production-related issues and feedback to ensure developers are set up for success prior to signing.
- Experience as Production Director or VP of Production in both publishing and game development
- 12+ years experience in game production with experience shipping multiple games (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
- 5+ years experience managing direct reports with varying levels of production experience
- Excellent communication approach with the ability to work with a variety of people and styles
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, specifically in production (console, PC, or mobile)
- Robust experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development with a specific focus on production from sourcing through to post-launch
- Experience leading complex cross-functional projects with the ability to balance quality, scope, budget, risk, and time.
- Ability to influence direction, without relying on positional authority
- An uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
- Passionate about playing and creating games