Senior Server/Backend Engineer - Spry Fox
- You will direct the architecture of both backend services and game servers for a large-scale, non-violent, cozy MMO.
- You will work closely with artists, designers, and other engineers to implement new game features across the server and backend service layers.
- You will coordinate web service and game server deployments (and scaling) across dozens of machines and hundreds of processes ensuring maximum stability and a smooth player experience.
- You will be responsible for the security of the studio’s publicly accessible services and game servers.
- You will be responsible for designing and maintaining the systems that persist data from thousands of requests per second across hundreds of servers.
- You are familiar with Python, containerization, container orchestration and SQL databases.
- You have worked on one or more shipped MMO projects and have a deep understanding of the entire tech stack.
- You have the ability to communicate with all team members, including artists, programmers, and designers on the many tradeoffs required to build an MMO.
Nice To Have
- You are comfortable with C++ and comfortable implementing and improving gameserver features (like networking and data storage).
- Our game client uses Unreal Engine, some experience would be a bonus.