Producer - Games Studio
- Production: Keep teams on task and give clarity to objectives, highlight risks, and help make sure everyone knows ‘what’s next’ to help keep people’s eyes on the prize. Create/maintain well-defined schedules, goals, and milestones. Build and execute project management systems, including reporting and managing meetings where needed.
- Anticipate and mitigate blockers, before they become real issues for the team. Lean in and remove obstacles in workflow, resourcing or capacity. Communicate project status and risk providing transparency to stakeholders.
- Support teams to help them do their best work. Things like facilitating onboarding, gathering requirements to help inform key initiatives, and supporting key decisions with research or tapping external resources where necessary
- 4+ years of experience in video game production or project management roles.
- Deep understanding of game development processes and pipelines, having successfully run a game project of significant scope from beginning to end with cross-functional teams
- Able to prioritize competing interests to best serve the comprehensive needs and constraints of a project.
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate problems before they occur
- Deep toolkit of work systems (especially JIRA) that can be introduced to teams as needed, but a strong desire to keep a light touch
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues.
- Highly detail-oriented and displays strong adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and strong people skills with a passion for making games and continuous growth.
- Passionate about making games.
- Positive attitude - not endless optimism, but able to clearly weigh pros and cons and constructively express dissenting opinions
- Highly aligned with Netflix culture
- Proficient with project management suites Google Suite, Confluence, Trello, Miro, etc.
- Experience sourcing and managing outsourcers
- Knowledgeable about the game industry from a player's perspective.
- Experience working successfully with art outsourcing, and/or other remote teams.
- Active gamer, especially for mobile games
- Netflix content fan
- Unending curiosity, and self-learning
- Receptive to and skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback.
- Local to LA preferred but open to remote