Android Software Engineer (L5) - Viewing & Identity Core
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering partners to scope project roadmaps to build delightful and accessible user experiences.
- Architect maintainable, performant Android client code with effective documentation that can be leveraged by Android developers on other teams.
- Help drive consistency and simplicity of client code to accelerate AB experimentation velocity and maintain high product quality.
- Build experimentation-driven product features, core UI infrastructure & systems, and define best practices.
- Architect code for testability and write automated tests to help uphold product quality on a high commit volume code base.
- Keep a pulse on cutting-edge Android technologies and software engineering practices, modernizing the code base to accelerate innovation velocity, while upholding high product quality.
What sets you apart
- Self-starter comfortable with identifying opportunities and driving forward-looking technical solutions or roadmaps.
- Effective at developing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication, curiosity, and selflessness.
- Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
- Strives to elevate the knowledge and skills of yourself, and others in a way that fosters an inclusive, collaborative environment.
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape of Android development and can introduce new paradigms and practices.
- Comfortable navigating new or different languages and technology stacks (eg. Node.js, GraphQL, etc).
- Deeply cares about the quality & performance of the product shipped.
- Work with other high-performing, inclusive, and supportive engineers who are invested in each other’s growth
- Solve technical challenges and deploy solutions to serve the best-in-class streaming experience to millions of users worldwide
- Help evolve the way people watch content online and connect with Netflix
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily