Engineering Manager - Cloud Networking
What you will do
- Drive the vision and strategy on how to evolve our Cloud Networking Platform solutions.
- Build, scale, and mentor a cohesive team of amazing engineers.
- Form strong cross-functional partnerships driven by trust to achieve alignment with many engineering teams and ensure our solutions meet their needs while maintaining our focus on agility, scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Deliver network platform capabilities and drive adoption across Netflix with a focus on eng-excellence and timely execution.
What we are looking for
- Experience building and operating complex distributed systems at scale in the cloud networking domain. We use AWS and experience with building/consuming the networking stack of a public cloud is desired.
- Deep knowledge of networking technologies and abstractions in modern cloud-native architectures.
- Solid understanding of Layer3/Layer4 networking, QoS, SDN, and Network Security
- Experience in kernel networking technologies like eBPF is a plus.
- Technical acumen with the ability to go deep (as needed) to provide inputs and judgment in making data-driven decisions.
- Proven track record of timely execution with upholding engineering excellence while building trust with partners/customers.
- Customer obsession and product mindset to understand what customers want and deliver results create a tight feedback loop.
- Proven experience building and leading software engineering teams with a focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Orientation towards long-term impact as the yardstick for prioritization, but able to strike the right balance between short-term goals and longer-term vision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.