iOS Software Engineer (L5) - Discovery Core
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering partners to scope project roadmaps to build delightful and accessible user experiences.
- Architect maintainable, performant iOS client code with effective documentation that can be leveraged by iOS developers on other teams.
- Help drive consistency and simplicity of client code to accelerate AB experimentation velocity and maintain high product quality.
- Build experimentation-driven product features, core UI infrastructure & systems, and define design patterns to integrate with platform frameworks (UIKit, SwiftUI, Core Animation, Foundation APIs, etc.)
- Architect code for testability and write automated tests with XCTest/XCUITest to help uphold product quality on a high commit volume code base.
- Keep a pulse on cutting-edge iOS technologies and software engineering practices, and modernize the code base to accelerate innovation velocity while upholding high product quality.
What sets you apart
- Self-starter comfortable with identifying opportunities, and defining & driving forward-looking technical roadmaps.
- Effective at developing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication.
- Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
- Strives to elevate the knowledge and skills of yourself, and others in a way that fosters an inclusive, collaborative environment.
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape of iOS development and can introduce new paradigms and practices.
- Exceptional coding skills, especially with Objective-C & Swift, and can navigate different languages and technology stacks (eg. Node.js, GraphQL, etc).
- Deeply care about the quality & performance of the product shipped.
- Work with high performing, inclusive & supportive team of engineers invested in each other’s growth
- Solve technical challenges to deploy solutions to serve the best-in-class streaming experience to millions of users worldwide
- Help evolve the way people watch content online
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily