Sales Analyst Intern - Dallas, TX
Mutual Of Omaha
We are seeking a fast learner and collaborative self-starter who is eager to make an impact and grow in their career. As a Sales Analyst Intern, you'll support the Sales team by putting together key metrics and Excel spreadsheets for client proposals. You will also have a chance to work closely with new and existing Workplace Solution customers, helping to provide the clarity, support and guidance that Mutual of Omaha is known for. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to learn and understand the proposal process, the insurance industry and the art of building client relations. While working along side a dynamic and close-knit team.
This role is set to begin June 2024 through August 2024. You must be located in Dallas, TX for the entire internship.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Hourly Wage: $20.00
- Benefits and Perks, 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Applicants for this position must not now, nor at any point in the future, require sponsorship for employment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will provide support to Sales staff members by proactively manage quote activity and broker processes, and develop relationships with broker partners to help achieve sales goals.
- Receive RFPs from our brokers, consultants and agents. Prepare proposals, follow-up with requests to ensure a timely response, and review written proposals prior to presentation.
- Underwrite and quote premium rates for life, disability and ancillary insurance products. Throughout sales process, coordinate with underwriting to determine appropriate rate, and make revisions as necessary. Complete other case processing including Broker of Record entry, revisions, commission changes, etc.
- Following the close of a sale, coordinate installation process by partnering with appropriate parties, using appropriate systems and ensure accuracy of paperwork (including master application). Manage supplies and materials required for Enrollment, to include voluntary cases.
- May perform office support functions such as greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate person, maintaining office files, supplies and equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Currently enrolled in a school with aspirations of graduating with degree relevant to the business area.
- Proficient in Excel and Word with the ability to navigate various software systems, along with excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for underwriting and rating.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written, ability to foster positive interactions.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Ability to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Ability to work at our office located in Dallas, TX.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
If you have questions about your application or the hiring process, email our Talent Acquisition area at email@example.com. Please allow at least one week from time of applying if you are checking on the status.