2nd Shift Machine Operator (Outgoing Mail) - 3:00pm - 11:00pm - Omaha, NE
Mutual Of Omaha
Operate and monitor various complex print/image related data processing equipment. Set up, operate, and maintain equipment including high-speed digital printers, bindery, and advanced computer-driven intelligent mail processing machines. Attain set production goals, contributing to the production and distribution of a variety of printed materials to meet customer requirements.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Hourly Wage: $19.00 - $20.00, plus annual bonus opportunity.
- Benefits and Perks, 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 11 paid holidays in 2024, which includes 2 floating holidays that are added to your prorated personal time to be used at your discretion.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 40 hours of personal time in 2024, which is prorated based on the start date. Additionally you will receive two floating holidays in 2024 by way of personal time that may be used at your discretion.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Complete customer-specific tasks by setting up and operating relevant equipment; promptly identify and escalate issues or errors.
- Determine and load correct materials, operate computer-driven equipment, and set up machinery for high-speed printing, bindery, and insertion tasks with assistance
- Program job instructions into computer-driven equipment, assisting with setup and operation of high-speed printers, bindery equipment, and insert equipment as needed.
- Prioritize requests to meet critical deadlines, review service level agreement requirements while interacting with all staff levels
- Review job specifications, and reset equipment based on job requirements. Rotation between production equipment and cross-training is required, and tasks outside the role or department may be performed as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Ability to handle demanding workloads with tight deadlines, maintaining a focus on absolute accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proficiency in mathematics, and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of data processing and data communication hardware and software, including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Possession of initial technical training, education, or equivalent successful work experience.
- Flexibility to work overtime with short notice, change shifts as needed, strict attention to detail, and a willingness to adapt to a changing environment while learning new skills.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Ability to work at our home office located in Omaha, Nebraska
- General knowledge and experience in print and or mail operations
- PIT - Powered Industrial Truck Cert - . Preferred
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
If you have questions about your application or the hiring process, email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least one week from time of applying if you are checking on the status.