Employee Benefit Sales Rep - New York and Long Island
Mutual Of Omaha
We are seeking a driven and communicative professional to join our team as an Employee Benefit Sales Representative. You will contribute to the generation and retention of Group Insurance premium income through the attainment of specific sales quotas. Performance is measured by attainment of personal sales quotas.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Base Salary: $36,000, plus Sales Incentive Plan.
- Benefits and Perks, 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 11 paid holidays in 2024, which includes 2 floating holidays that are added to your prorated personal time to be used at your discretion.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 40 hours of personal time in 2024, which is prorated based on the start date. Additionally you will receive two floating holidays in 2024 by way of personal time that may be used at your discretion.
- Applicants for this position must not now, nor at any point in the future, require sponsorship for employment
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will offer a wide portfolio, life, disability, dental, vision, accident, hospital products both employer paid and voluntary for groups ranging from 10 - 2,000+ or more employees.
- Achieve annual sales targets by building strong relationships with employee benefit specialists, brokers, consultants, and potential group clients.
- Personally present group insurance plans, gather proposal details, and negotiate the best contract terms. Then, ensure seamless coverage installation and contract administration for major clients.
- Keep your sales and service support team informed about potential clients. Oversee contract proposals and paperwork flow both in the field and at the home office..
- Stay up to date with industry and government changes that impact group insurance. Be in the know about market trends.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Active agent/producer insurance license in Life, Health and Accident.
- Successful sales experience, evidenced by previous attainment of sales quotas.
- Thorough understanding of group insurance products, marketing techniques, and procedures for underwriting, rating, policy and contract issuance, and claims.
- Working knowledge of competitor products and services.
- Ability to travel outside of the office conducting sales at least 60% of each work week and has a valid driver's license.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- 2+ years of prior Group Insurance experience.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org.