Inbound Sales Representative - Remote
Mutual Of Omaha
As a DSC Sales Consultant, you will assess each customer’s needs, research a variety of outcomes and provide real-time solutions as part of our Direct Sales Center. Key elements of success include listening to the needs of prospects, current policy holders, and business partners while selling new or add-on business and generating leads with established customers through the telephone.
While most of your day you will be spent answering incoming customer calls, your primary focus and responsibility will be to interview prospects to uncover their insurance needs, recommend Mutual of Omaha products and write applications for insurance. Through it all, you will strive to provide the industry-leading service our customers have come to expect from Mutual of Omaha.
If you are passionate about customer service and enjoy a sales environment, combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
Training classes begin on 1/5/2024.
- $20/hr with uncapped incentive
- Shifts available M-F 1130am-8pm CST
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Hourly Wage: $20.00/hour, plus incentive plan.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Receives incoming calls from prospects and existing customers, staying informed about policy details, rates, and marketing campaigns, while encouraging applications and sales, and efficiently resolving customer inquiries and documenting requests using online resources.
- Initiates, inquires, identifies and sends appropriate materials to meet the callers' insurance needs; promotes features and benefits of additional Individual Financial Services products and services during calls; and cross-sells. Complete close over the phone applications as appropriate. Refer leads to DSC Agents or Agency Sales when appropriate.
- Proactively conserves policies that are in danger of lapse or cancellation.
- Makes outgoing calls to customers or prospects to market additional coverage; makes outgoing calls to service or conserve existing business as appropriate.
- Confidentially handles all policy owner and prospect information. Ensures company compliance standards are met by acquiring and maintaining appropriate insurance licenses and appointments.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain appropriate insurance licenses in life, health and accident within outlined timeframe that is communicated at time of hire/transfer into this role.
- Excellent customer interaction skills in a sales or service environment.
- In depth understanding of insurance products descriptions and policy language; ability to effectively market such products.
- Ability to operate a computer in a multi-tasking environment. Personal computer skills, including working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing (25 wpm+), spelling, and grammar skills.
- This position will require you to provide your own high speed internet connection with 50 megabits per second is required and 150 megabits is recommended for best results.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
If you have questions about your application or the hiring process, email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least one week from time of applying if you are checking on the status.