Machine Operator (2:30pm - 11:00pm Monday - Friday) - Omaha, NE
Mutual Of Omaha
The Machine Operator will operate and monitor various complex print/image related data processing equipment. Set up, operate, and maintain equipment including high-speed digital printers, bindery, and advanced computer-driven intelligent mail processing machines. Attain set production goals, contributing to the production and distribution of a variety of printed materials to meet customer requirements.
WHAT WE CAN OFER YOU:
- Estimated Hourly Rate: $18.25 - $24.60, plus annual bonus opportunity.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU'll DO:
- Operate and monitor complex mail-inserting related equipment. Maintain responsibility for security and control of sensitive type output (print/image) such as negotiable instruments. Identify the mail job needing processing. Program the appropriate instructions into the advanced computer-driven intelligent mail-processing machine.
- Determine and load the correct inserts and operate the most complex PC-driven mail processing equipment. Prepare produced output for finishing. Complete customer specific finishing tasks, setting up and operating the equipment. Identify and interpret error codes and take appropriate action.
- Prioritize issued requests to meet critical deadlines. Analyze each request's requirements. Interact with all levels of staff, answering questions and fielding complaints. Review requisitions for specifications, possible errors, and delivery due dates. Handle equipment changes or supply changes in press area as appropriate.
- Scan and record production time utilizing appropriate system. Verify incoming mail jobs received are complete and accurate. Clarify questions with customers. Scan each job. Ensure USPS and presort requirements are met. Verify the accuracy of outgoing mail documents and perform periodic quality reviews.
- Will rotate between processing equipment, cross training required.
WHAT YOU'll BRING:
- Ability to independently operate all equipment, make judgement decisions, and recognize errors.
- Ability to withstand a workload characterized by demanding deadlines and a need for absolute accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of data processing and data communication hardware and software.
- Flexibility to work overtime with little or no notice and change shifts as required.
- Thorough knowledge of, or proven ability to learn, PC-driven folder/inserter intelligent equipment and the various output forms associated with the machine.
- Ability to understand mail handling instructions for a variety of work.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a changing environment and to learn new skills.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Initial technical training and education or equivalent successful work experience is preferred.
- General knowledge and experience in outgoing mail operations, equipment operation and maintenance, and paper stocks to include specialized stocks, chemical and ink components and their interaction.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please call our helpline at 800-365-1405, option 2.