Chief Compliance Officer - Omaha NE
Mutual Of Omaha
As a key member of our leadership team, the Chief Compliance Officer will play a pivotal role in shaping our compliance strategies, ensuring regulatory adherence, and fostering an ethical culture that defines who we are. You'll spearhead crucial initiatives that drive our compliance and ethics framework. Your expertise will guide us in navigating complex regulatory landscapes and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Estimated Salary: $190,000 - $220,000 plus annual bonus opportunity.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Compliance Risk Management: Lead the charge in overseeing our comprehensive Compliance Management System (CMS), managing risk, and aligning practices with federal and state regulations. Your strategic direction will set the tone for compliance across the organization.
- Privacy Compliance: Your keen understanding of privacy laws will be critical as you direct our Privacy Office, ensuring data protection and managing privacy incidents effectively. You'll develop strategies that balance data utility with compliance, staying ahead of privacy technology advancements.
- Financial Crimes Compliance: Uncover and address financial crimes, Anti-Money Laundering risks, and non-compliant practices. Your investigative skills will shine as you collaborate with law enforcement and regulatory bodies to resolve issues and protect our business.
- Regulatory Compliance: Represent us before state regulatory bodies, advocating for our interests and influencing policies. Your strong grasp of industry trends will drive our responses to inquiries, market examinations, and government enforcement.
- Ethics and Business Conduct: Foster an environment of ethics and accountability by leading our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Program. Investigate matters, develop ethical solutions, and communicate outcomes to both executive management and our Board of Directors.
- Management: Direct and coordinate all CMS activities, maintaining budgets and ensuring a motivated workforce. Your leadership will shape a collaborative culture with strong relationships both internally and externally.
Influential Communication: Your exceptional communication and presentation skills will shine as you interact with executive leaders, our chairman, and our Board of Directors. Your ability to convey complex compliance matters will make a lasting impact.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Leadership Experience: With a minimum of 10 years in CMS leadership roles, you've honed your skills in compliance strategy and risk management.
- Industry Expertise: Your knowledge of insurance, finance, compliance, and regulations is unparalleled. You'll navigate our complex industry landscape with ease.
- Strategic Mindset: Your ability to identify emerging compliance trends and assess risks will drive our corporate strategies, ensuring we stay ahead of the curve.
Regulatory Acumen: You possess a deep understanding of federal and state laws affecting our industry. While a law degree is not required, your knowledge is indispensable.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org.