Summer 2024 Underwriting Intern - Remote
Mutual Of Omaha
Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are top-notch. Applying requirements and procedures to the work you review is a main priority. You’re able to make—and justify—logical, quality decisions related to your work. If this is you, join us as an Underwriting Intern and help manage risk for a Fortune 500 company.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Hourly Wage:
- Undergraduate Business Intern: $22.00
- Graduate Business Intern: $24.00
- Remote opportunity and flexible work schedules.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will gain knowledge of underwriting guidelines, pricing guidelines and product knowledge.
- Under direct supervision, analyze data related to the risk being underwritten for small new business cases, in order to mitigate financial risk to the company.
- Conduct research in order to secure additional data needed to make determinations on benefits and rates.
- Under direct supervision, communicate with sales concerning underwriting requirements and procedures.
- Evaluate renewal business and other rate and risk bearing analysis for inforce groups.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- We’re looking for students who are enrolled in a degree program related business or mathematics both before and after the internship.
- Ability to make quality decisions and justify the decisions with sound and logical reasoning.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Mathematical aptitude; analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org.