Behavioral Sr Clinical Nurse Consultant - Remote
Mutual Of Omaha
We are Behavioral Senior Clinical Nurse Consultant, in this role will you be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting medical information associated with group disability claims. You will play a critical role in the lives our of claimants across the US by helping them in their most troubling times in their lives. We offer an amazing culture, work life balance and we have a close tight knit team to collaborate and learn from.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Estimated Salary: $72,000 - $85,000, plus annual bonus opportunity
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will provide consultative services including analyzing and interpreting medical information on long term disability and short-term disability claims assessing medical information for adequacy and consistency in which to offer an appropriate opinion. You will work on obtaining and clarifying medical information and interpreting medical reports. Arrange relevant material into facts, considers uniqueness of claim in order to document medical opinions. Identify medical restrictions and limitations and provide expected duration for recovery and recommendations for next steps.
- Provides clarification for independent medical exams (IME), medical records, lab results, office notes, MRIs, and any other medical information that may have been submitted on behalf of the claim.
- Establish effective communications with medical facilities and providers, educate attending physicians and other resources about restrictions, limitations, work capacity, etc. and initiates discussions regarding complex medical conditions and seeks clarification from attending physician when necessary.
- Work directly with the Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists in identifying early intervention opportunities through disability file reviews.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant direct patient care are required along with 2+ years of Behavioral Health Registered Nursing
- Ability to efficiently work within and navigate diverse systems and exceptional documentation skills to ensure accurate record-keeping and streamlined processes.
- Proven experience in effectively corresponding and communicating with providers through phone calls, meetings, and emails, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capability to excel autonomously, demonstrate sharp critical thinking, draft well-founded conclusions, meet tight deadlines, and proficiently manage a dynamic workload.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Experience in disability evaluation, early intervention concepts, and claim procedures, with Working knowledge of disability policy language and provisions as well as claims regulatory environment, i.e., ERISA.
- Certified Case Management
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred but will consider Associate Degree with additional credentials or work experience in related fields.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org.