Product Designer - Fakespot
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best articles online. More than 225 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Fakespot is now part of Mozilla, where our mission to bring trust and transparency back to the eCommerce space is now aligned with ensuring the Internet is a global resource, open and accessible to all. Fakespot leverages machine learning and other state-of-the-art technologies to automatically filter out spurious reviews of products and vendors so consumers can make informed purchasing decisions based on real feedback by real people.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to partner with our teams to accelerate growth at Fakespot. Working with our completely remote team, you’ll work to create user flows, wireframes, early design prototypes, leading all the way up to hi-fidelity design work. Additionally, you’ll work together with the Product team to ensure your designs fit business goals and the development team to make sure your design work is being implemented as you intended. You don’t mind thinking of ideas that are completely out-of-the-box and turning them into something tangible. You are flexible in the way that you work so when there are alternative ways needed to solve a challenge, you adapt as required.
What you’ll do:
- Your responsibilities will be to take ownership of design challenges, as well as to assist the rest of the team in coming up with creative solutions.
- You’ll be contributing to the full spectrum of digital product design, on all kinds of different platforms, from concept to wireframing, to prototyping and hi-fidelity design.
- You’ll collaborate with development to ensure high-quality and faithful implementation.
- You’ll help with the organization and maintenance of our design language.
- You’ll contribute to the design of the entirety of Fakespot, this includes, but isn’t limited to:
- The Fakespot mobile application
- The Fakespot Chrome extension
- The Fakespot website
- And much more
What you’ll bring:
- You are knowledgeable – you have a minimum of 2 years of professional UI/UX experience and have a strong portfolio with a well-refined aesthetic.
- You are passionate about design – you live and breathe modern trends and love to solve problems.
- You like to get creative – from sketchbook to final product, you’re proud of your ideas and have plenty to offer.
- You are receptive – you’re a team player and you know that producing great user experiences takes a team, you defend your decisions but welcome feedback.
- You commit – you relish owning the journey of your work from concept through to use by our customers.
- You are realistic – you are aware of what is and what isn’t possible, and you always consider technical restrictions.
- You’re thorough – your attention to detail is perfected to the last pixel. You know your tools - you have experience using Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2194
Something looks off?