Staff Financial Analyst
We are seeking a hard-working Staff Financial Analyst responsible for partnering with leaders in the CPO organization, including performing variance analysis, forecasting, and creating and distributing monthly and quarterly financial reports. This role will be a crucial member of the Corporate FP&A team focusing on developing financial materials for internal partners, reporting on financial and operational metrics, and supporting the overall planning and forecasting process in alignment with our segment leaders.
This role will develop and support critical pieces of our reporting infrastructure, including internal reporting, FP&A, and budget development regarding Mozilla’s resources. To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with outstanding attention to detail. This position requires a results-oriented self-starter who can work comfortably with business partners across the organization, take tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment!
What You Will Do
- Assist in the management of our near and long-range forecasting model, including consolidations, scenario planning, reporting, variance analyses, etc.
- Establish and build strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships with global partners to provide decision support
- Build financial models and analyze monthly forecasting, annual planning, and long-range outlook; identify implications and sensitivities of these scenarios to overall P&L
- Facilitate ongoing spending reviews with finance and operations partners to monitor business commitments toward goals
- Build and maintain reporting that delivers accurate and insightful information to the management team with speed and reliability
- Assist in preparation of Board financial materials & exhibits for committees, including monthly and quarterly board and executive reports
- Ensure changes from planning are communicated, tested, and implemented with a direct partnership with business partners and the broader organization
- Participate in driving the transformation of legacy finance reporting to new tools and constructs in support of advancing FP&A's directive
- Coordinate with accounting team on month, quarter, and year-end close processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports
- Maintain an understanding of both the fine details and abstract implications of the above types of work
What You Bring to the Role
- Minimum 3+ years experience of independently managing budgets and forecasting
- Experience using planning tools (Pigment, Adaptive, etc.) strongly preferred
- Experience with Netsuite highly preferred, Workday a plus
- Must exhibit ability to create compelling visualizations and presentations
- Involvement with month-end close and a strong understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Deep understanding of 3 statement financial modeling and accounting concepts
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Candidates must possess substantial experience with financial modeling and advanced spreadsheet and data modeling skills (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc) – to develop sophisticated and scalable models
- Familiarity with Looker a plus, with ability to take on, and succeed with, a diverse array of projects that require varying skills
- Strong attention to detail; analytical and inquisitive nature
- An appetite to take on increased responsibility and grow your career
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Bachelor degree in finance or business with 5+ years’ experience in Corporate FP&A
You will likely be happy and productive in this role if you…
- Get things done and can move quickly and smartly to set goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Are analytical. You know how to crunch data in Excel and build compelling presentations
- You're comfortable with numbers and how to use them to get results
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to uncertainty
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan forward-looking roadmaps
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2451
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.