Business Reporting Specialist (Business Analytics, Insights, & Reporting)
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that has shaped the internet for the better over the last 25 years. We make pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best content online. Now, with more than 225 million people around the world using our products each month, we’re shaping the next 25 years of technology and helping to reclaim an internet built for people, not companies. Our work focuses on diverse areas including AI, social media, security and more. And we’re doing this while never losing our focus on our core mission – to make the internet better for people.
The Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the non-profit 501(c) Mozilla Foundation. This means we aren’t beholden to any shareholders — only to our mission. Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozillians design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
The Business Analytics & Insights function equips a company with data-driven decision-making capabilities, ensuring strategies are grounded in factual insights. By identifying market trends and customer behaviors, it allows for proactive strategy adjustments and resource optimization. Through performance monitoring and competitive analysis, this function ensures that strategic plans remain agile, relevant, and aligned with both market realities and organizational goals.
A Business Analytics, Insights & Reporting function is pivotal for data-informed decisions, strategic planning, optimizing business operations, and ensuring alignment with our strategic vision. Data Science & Engineering are a separate but collaborative organization, to ensure efficiency, scalability, and agility in our overall data operations.
- Create and maintain routine reports and dashboards to track key business metrics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather reporting requirements and ensure data accuracy.
- Identify trends and anomalies in data to inform decision-making.
- Assist in ad-hoc data analysis projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analytics, insights generation & reporting.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data visualization tools (e.g., Python, R, Tableau).
- Demonstrated experience in cross-company collaboration, working with complex data sets, telling the right story from complex information & reliable reporting.
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to tailor data and insights to different audiences.
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to drive multiple work streams of varying complexity.
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2450
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.