Senior IT Helpdesk Support (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision to be the trusted guide through a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
Mozilla is seeking a Senior Desktop Systems Specialist to be based in our Berlin office. Our business-savvy IT organization needs an enthusiastic advocate for enabling our user’s productivity and driving the Mozilla mission. You will surprise and delight our internal users by ensuring the best technology is available to them both individually and collectively. Mozilla is looking for you to build relationships on the virtual service desk, supporting on premises and remote employees while offering rare abilities to the Service Desk team. You will maintain a positive attitude and the aim to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
You will respond well to written and verbal directions, retain ownership of incidents and problems, and provide continuous feedback to customers and IT partners. This entails working with the Service Desk team, Network Operations team, Enterprise Applications team, and the Workplace Experience team while coordinating with outside vendors. You will be configuring and setting up Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops, desktops, desk phones, tablets, printers, and performing conference room checks on AV equipment.
- Support Mozillians via Slack, Jira Service Management, and email with their Service Requests and Incidents
- Resolve escalated issues in a fast-paced global support environment and provide appropriate follow-up
- Represent the Global Service Desk on IT projects partnering with various groups throughout Mozilla
- Administer SaaS applications like Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian Suite
- Drive process improvement changes, lowering friction for our Mozillians and improving the Global Service Desk experience for all
- Proactively monitor upcoming software releases and patches that affect users and provide communications
- Manage LDAP user account operations and permissions
- Document all incidents and requests with detail, accuracy for both accurate metrics and to help build a rich IT knowledge base
Your Professional Profile
- Demonstrated ability supporting both Windows & Mac in an enterprise environment
- Indepth experience in SaaS support (Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack, etc.)
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, analytical, and leadership skills necessary for independent project work
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- High level of detail in all aspects of work, including tickets and knowledge articles
Bonus Points for…
- Experience with AV hardware & software
- Experience with Google Apps Manager (GAM) for Google Workspace
- Experience scripting to create IT automation
- ITIL Foundations certified
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.