Senior Android Engineer
Our ancestors chased the seasons with nomadic grace and derived value from that movement, while modern humans find adventure in errands and deadlines that take us outside our cozy homes. Nowadays, our pockets contain glowing oracles – phones transmuting mere light into financial realities. These whispered conduits to the economic pulse have become more than companions: they're translators, interpreters, and conductors, weaving our personal on-the-go symphonies into the grand tapestry of a global, digital marketplace.
It is within this global marketplace that Mercury finds itself growing rapidly! Our Android app (along with iOS) serves a core segment of our users – folks who aren’t at their desks, but still need to move their businesses and lives forward. We are looking for a great Android Engineer to help us expand the Android app, enabling our users to have peace of mind by managing their finances in a safe, stable, and beautiful application.
* Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
In this role, you will:
- Join a small-but-mighty team of experienced Android and iOS engineers (and one backend dev!) – the team has been building apps for over a decade and we’re pretty darn good at it.
- Feel a strong sense of product ownership and actively seek responsibility – we often self-organize on small/medium projects, and we want someone who’s excited to lay their own vision atop our foundation and make a big impact across the mobile team and Mercury as a whole.
- Work closely with designers to ship a beautiful app – our designers are just as stoked by the new Material 3 spec as you are; plus, many of our customers are startups and appreciate our slick, magical designs.
- Maintain a high quality bar – we provide banking services, so preventing crashes, errors, visual glitches, and wacky edge-cases is a top priority for us.
- Have at least 5 years of Android experience, preferably in Kotlin
- Experience with Jetpack Compose and Coroutines – but if you don’t know what a CompositionLocal is, that’s fine!
- Have an interest in other parts of our stack (iOS: Swift/RxSwift; Frontend: TypeScript/React; Backend: Haskell/Nix).
- Be adaptable (we context-switch!); empathetic (recognize when a user’s having a bad time); and have a good sense of humor and/or have strong feelings about puns.
- Above all else, we’re looking for great engineers with a passion for Android and an interest in learning – even if you don’t meet all the qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits. Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees (any location): $237,600 – $279,500.
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD $216,000 – $254,300.