Harnessing Design Engineering Lead
About the role:
- Aerospace Harness Design: Develop and implement wire harness designs for aerospace vehicle systems in accordance with aerospace industry guidelines and standards.
- Standardization: Tailor aerospace harnessing standards and guidelines to create internal design standards and requirements for cable assemblies, shielding, integration, and vehicle-level implementation.
- CAD Design: Create detailed 3D CAD designs and 2D drawings of wire harnesses to be used by production and manufacturing teams.
- Design Reviews: Support design reviews by presenting harnessing design solutions and demonstrating that harnessing design and manufacturing processes are qualified for flight.
- R&D Support: Design lab test harnesses and develop harness concepts for test support during research and development phases.
- Production and Test: Create robust solutions for high rate test and production interconnect to support repetitive use at different work centers throughout the manufacturing flow of sub-systems and system integration and test.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in harness design for aerospace systems.
- Proficiency in aerospace industry guidelines and standards for wire harness design, including IPC/WHMA-A-620D-S.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (e.g., CATIA, SolidWorks, Enterprise, Zuken) and 2D drawing tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and lead harness design efforts.
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable