Director, Sales Inventory and Operations Planning
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Director, Sales Inventory and Operations Planning
Lob is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) to lead our strategic planning efforts related to sales, inventory management, and operations. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of SIOP processes, strong leadership abilities, and extensive knowledge of SQL databases to drive data-driven decision-making.
As the Director, SIOP, you’ll…
- Develop and implement comprehensive SIOP strategies to optimize sales forecasts, inventory levels, and production plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams to align sales forecasts with production plans, inventory levels, and supply chain management initiatives.
- Utilize SQL databases to analyze historical sales data, market trends, and other relevant information to inform forecasting and planning activities.
- Evaluate and enhance supply chain analytics capabilities especially advancing demand forecasting including collecting new data, building data systems and processes, as well as leveraging advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning) to drive improved decision-making.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, and operations teams to ensure accurate demand forecasting and inventory management.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to streamline processes, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency within the organization
- Within the first six months you will have developed tracking mechanisms to align our vertically integrated supply chain with our upstream purchased raw materials and our third party manufacturing network
- Within the first six months you will build tools and processes that accurately model inventory placement and demand forecasting
What will you bring to this role…
- Senior level experience in supply chain and operations planning
- Strong data skills and modeling in google sheets with significant SQL expertise.
- Expertise in SQL database management and querying, with the ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze large datasets.
- P&L Experience is a plus
- Aligns with the philosophy that being fast is better than being right and values taking calculated risks on reversible decisions. Strong bias for action
- Excellent strategic agility, analytical, problem-solving skills with ability to work seamlessly between strategic and tactical
- Must be a systems thinker
At Lob, we are looking to #LevelUp and #EmpowerDiversity, we invite you to apply if you possess even some of these:
- Experience with SIOP software systems or ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle) is preferred with implementation and integration experience
- APICS Certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Logistics Supply Chain, Finance and/or experience in related fields
Base: $190,000 - $212,500 + Variable: $37,500 - $42,500
Base: $180,00 - $200,000 + Variable: $35,000 - $40,000
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, and WA, unless specified otherwise in the job description above.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500