Senior Cloud Operations Analyst
Lambda's GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda's on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you'd like to build the world's best deep learning cloud, join us.
*Note: This position requires presence in our San Jose Headquarters 5 days per week.
Seeking an experienced Project Manager to steer our cloud operations, focusing on collaboration across departments, automation and optimization of processes. The role requires a blend of tactical execution and strategic planning, optimizing cloud operations, and driving growth in alignment with business objectives. With strong problem-solving, communication, and technical skills, you'll maintain alignment with key teams, balancing day-to-day tasks with overarching strategic goals.
What You’ll Do
Day-to-Day Execution: Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage closely with the sales team for real-time management and reporting on GPU availability, including for current and upcoming weeks/months
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, support, and deployment teams, ensuring customer deployments are being worked on by the responsible teams and are addressed within the target timelines
- Provide essential information to the support team for the swift resolution of customer issues and inquiries in our cloud services
- Work with accounting and engineering teams to identify and take required action for fraudulent accounts in our cloud platform
- Implement automated processes from deal closure to deployment and post-sales support, focusing on efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Apply analytics and data-driven decision-making in optimizing cloud operations and resource allocation
- Demonstrate agility in decision-making in scenarios where data is limited, ensuring to effectively communicate and justify these decisions to different stakeholders and the leadership team
Long-Term Scalable Efforts: Strategic Responsibilities
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration to scale our cloud operations in line with business growth, encompassing both reserved and on-demand cloud services
- Gather, prioritize, and address key problem statements in cloud operations, leading up to solution development – both process creation and optimization
- Enhance and streamline sales demo processes, reducing time to close sales deals.
- Implement automated and scalable systems from the closure of customer deals to the provisioning of deployment and post-sales support information
- Collaborate closely with strategy and leadership teams to drive capacity allocation efforts for our cloud business
- Bring 5+ years of experience in program/project management within complex product development environments
- Display a strong problem-first, solution-second approach, focusing on identifying and solving key issues effectively
- Excel in communication and collaboration, capable of engaging in cross-functional negotiation and prioritization
- Utilize a logical and rational framework for prioritization, with the ability to justify decisions to stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to write concise, structured documentation for cross-functional alignment and stakeholder feedback
- Understand how to set and measure success metrics for various workstreams
- Comfortably balance both tactical execution and strategic planning in your workstreams
- Have a technical background, ideally evidenced by an Engineering degree or equivalent technical experience
- Report directly to the Director of Product Growth - Cloud, contributing to the overarching strategic direction of cloud operations
- Maintain a strong alignment and responsibility towards the GTM (Go-To-Market) and supply chain teams, addressing any requests and questions as part of the daily operations
Nice to Have:
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment with complex systems integration
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed data center environments / cloud business
- Experience in the machine learning and/or computer hardware industry
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 200, and growing fast
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan with 2% company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $140,000-$170,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.