Data Center Capacity Leasing Manager
Lambda's GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda's on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you'd like to build the world's best deep learning cloud, join us.
*Note: This position requires presence in our San Jose Headquarters 5 days per week.
What You’ll Do
- Contract Negotiation and Vendor Management
- You will lead negotiations with data center vendors, ensuring favorable commercial terms and compliance with our strategic goals.
- You will manage ongoing vendor relationships, ensuring service quality and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Contract Tracking and Management
- You will meticulously track and manage all data center contracts, ensuring terms are met and potential issues are proactively addressed. You will work closely with legal teams to ensure contractual clarity and compliance.
- Cost Analysis and Reporting
- You will be responsible for in-depth analysis and reporting of data center costs, comparing actual figures with projections, and identifying opportunities for cost optimization. You will prepare detailed reports for senior management, providing insights and recommendations.
- Have proven experience in data center capacity leasing, management, and cost tracking, preferably in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Have experience managing budgets and cost optimization, ensuring cost-effective leasing of data center capacity
- Possess demonstrated negotiation skills with the ability to drive favorable contract terms and pricing
- Have a solid understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and experience in monitoring and enforcing SLA compliance
- Understand the provisioning of data center provisioning
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve network circuit-related issues
- Possess strong documentation skills to maintain accurate records of network circuitry purchases, maintenance activities, and performance metrics.
- Are able to generate reports and provide analysis for management or troubleshooting purposes
- Are skilled in MS Office, especially Excel, and familiar with data visualization tools
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, or a related field, 0 to 2 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Nice to Have
- Certifications in project management or a related field
- Experience with advanced data analysis tools and methodologies
- A track record of innovation and process improvement in data center fit out and capacity management
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 200, and growing fast
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan with 2% company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $110,000 - $140,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.