Lambda's GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda's on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you'd like to build the world's best deep learning cloud, join us.
*Note: This position requires presence in our San Jose Headquarters 5 days per week.
About the Role
The Master Scheduler is responsible for developing and managing the production schedule to ensure that products are produced on time, within budget, and to meet customer demand. This includes forecasting demand, determining material requirements, understanding manufacturing capacity and monitoring production progress. The Master Scheduler also works closely with other departments, such as purchasing, engineering, and quality control, to ensure that production runs smoothly.
What you’ll Do
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule
- Support capacity and deployment scheduling for data centers with the data center ops organization
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to the customer success team across multiple product lines
- Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan
- Generate the clear-to-build reports for open work orders and communicate release of work orders to the production floor, as well as inventory shortages to the supply chain team
- Understand capacity management relationship to our MRP
- Establish, measure, monitor, and adjust capacity levels to execute all manufacturing schedules
- Work with other departments to ensure that production runs smoothly
- Identify and resolve production problems
- Prepare production reports
- Have a Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, supply chain management, or a related field
- Have 2+ years experience in Production Planning, Demand Planning, Materials Management, Logistics, Operations Planning, Business Planning, or related fields
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MRP software, and other scheduling software
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with AI / ML / Deep Learning
- APICS Certification
- Experience as a Lean practitioner
- Experience with a variety of scheduling software
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 150, and growing fast
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $71,000-$165,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.