International Accounting Director
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
We are seeking an International Accounting Director to oversee all aspects of the international accounting function, covering over 15 global entities focused on providing Employer of Record services to Justworks customers. This position includes implementing and overseeing the timely and accurate reporting of multi-entity, multi-currency financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with both US GAAP and local statutory requirements, in addition to consolidation into the US parent company. You will be serving as the primary liaison for local external accounting firms providing varying levels of accounting, tax, and payroll services and will be a key stakeholder in building the foundation for international growth. You are someone who has experience in and gets excited about developing teams, building new systems and processes, and creating efficiencies. This position will report directly to the VP of Accounting.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Build out an international accounting team focused on bringing accounting processes for multiple entities/jurisdictions in-house
- Design scalable international accounting policies to ensure books and records are compliant with local statutory reporting requirements as well as US GAAP for consolidation purposes,
- Coordinate the monthly closing process and prepare work-papers and supporting schedules for the quarterly financial review and annual financial audit within HQ-defined timelines
- Oversee internal and external monthly financial reports in order to provide a precise review of the company’s current and projected financial position, ensuring the integrity of information
- Hire, supervise, develop and coach a growing team located in multiple locations (initially CDMX and London) and play the key role in defining the levels and number of people required in each location
- Build out and provide final review over cash disbursements procedures related to A/P, T&E, credit cards, wires, and checks
- Ensure payroll compliance (salary, bonus, hourly wages, bonus, and commission) for internal employees (corporate accounting) and proper classification and reconciliation for payroll associated with EOR employees (accounting operations)
- Work with Financial Systems team to implement globally-scalable SaaS/banking products to support accounting workflows such as procure-to-pay and customer billing and collections
- Act as the primary liaison with internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits
- Help drive long-term strategic planning to minimize business risk while driving scalability both within the accounting department as well as cross-functionally across the organization
- Maintain and strengthen key internal and external relationships, including Senior Leadership, Board members, Auditors, and Consultants,
How You Will Do Your Work
As the International Accounting Director, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience that includes, a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Assistant Controller or Controller at a multinational company and at least 3 years focused primarily on global expansion and accounting
- Experience with public company preferred (SEC 404 internal control, deficiency remediation, and financial reporting requirements)
- Public accounting combined with public company experience, IPO experience is a big plus but not required
- Has successfully scaled accounting operations and teams in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Fluent in Spanish and experience working with Latin America is a plus
- Must foster a culture of learning and growth
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytically minded, and results oriented
- Clear and effective communicator
- NetSuite experience is highly desirable
- CPA is required
The base wage range for this position based in our Tampa Office is targeted at $175,500.00 to $210,600.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.