Senior Product Manager, New Products/Payments
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our International team to help build our Employer of Record (EOR) service. Our team’s mission is to help small businesses expand access to global talent and navigate the challenges of international employment. The Senior Product Manager will specifically be focused on payroll and payments solutions, one of our most critical domains; the role pairs the opportunity to have a high impact with greenfield work.
The Senior Product Manager will own the full product lifecycle from ideation to launch, guiding iterative improvement, and providing solutions to meet internal and external customer needs. In close collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Operations, the Senior Product Manager will lead their pod to innovate.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about 0-1 product development and able to thrive despite ambiguity.
- A creative problem-solver with a talent for making complex things simple(r).
- Able to maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity.
- Does what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Gather insights - including from customer research, business intelligence, product analytics, stakeholder feedback, and external market data
- Help to define a product vision and strategy with stakeholders and direct working team
- Define and socialize the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals
- Partner with engineering, design, and product marketing to create a cross functional and collaborative development process
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and internal stakeholders using evidence-based decision-making, reassessing as needed
- Create specifications and testing plans, identify and mitigate potential risks, holding our work to high quality standards
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measuring success post-launch and iterating
- Communicate product priorities transparently across the company, seeking feedback often and reassessing as needed
- Inspire and support your team to drive meaningful results for the business
- Be a passionate believer in the Justworks product and evangelize it internally and externally
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. Read more about those values here.
- Minimum of 5 years of software product management experience with demonstrated wins
- Experience in the payments/money movement space is required. Payroll experience is preferred
- Able to learn the Justworks international payroll domain quickly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- SQL knowledge a must
- Experience with agile development processes
- Understanding of SaaS SMB products
- Technical background a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.