Senior Compliance Program Manager
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are highly organized, able to multitask and meet deadlines, and ready to leverage your knowledge in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You are a collaborative, team player with a can-do attitude and you share that energy with those around you. You have great attention to detail and you don’t miss anything important. You are technologically savvy with experience in utilizing multiple systems and software programs.
As a Senior Compliance Program Manager, you will lead a broad range of compliance matters, including claims administration and tracking and third-party vendor management. You will report to the Director, Legal and will maintain communications with people in different levels of the organization as you formalize processes and improve the compliance program.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Work with in-house counsel and other stakeholders on Justworks’ third-party vendor management program - including intake/screening, contract management, monitoring, and program enhancement
- Work with EPLI broker and carrier to coordinate EPLI claims and opt-out processes, and related process enhancements
- Support litigation matters, pre-litigation disputes, and regulatory investigations
- Work with in-house counsel on responding to subpoenas and other requests for information
- Develop and maintain library of template legal documents
- Respond to compliance-related requests and inquiries from internal stakeholders
- Support legal and compliance objectives for in-house counsel as needed
- Prepare and enhance compliance standard operating procedures
- Develop processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team
- Assist with compliance review of Justworks' marketing content and other communications
- Manage targeted, risk-based compliance monitoring initiatives
- Track compliance program effectiveness, progress and related metrics, and drive awareness
- Help drive compliance program awareness and handle other related responsibilities
- Support special compliance projects and program buildouts
- Other related duties based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Compliance Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Risk assessment - applying a logical step-by-step process to protect, and consequently minimize risks to, the organization, interests and employees.
- Manages complexity - making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 7 years of program management, project management, and/or other relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of compliance and/or legal experience
- Compliance certification (e.g., CCEP) and/or Six Sigma training preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $109,000.00 to $119,900.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.