Lead Security Risk Analyst (GRC)
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking an exceptional Lead Security Risk Analyst to join our Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) team. The Lead Security Risk Analyst will work cross-functionally with all areas of the company to develop security safeguards and countermeasures to protect Justworks assets, employees and customers. The Lead Security Risk Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Governance Risk & Compliance and liaise with other teams across Digital Security.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Work with the GRC leader to provide guidance and solutions that protect Justworks, our products, customers and employees.
- Support GRC leader to build GRC strategy and multi-year roadmaps to mature Justwork’s GRC function.
- Provide technical leadership to build GRC’s capabilities such as cyber risk management, vendor security assessment, security training and communications, and our compliance program.
- Assist GRC leader to define Justworks risk management framework, leveraging NIST 800-53, CIS and others.
- Work with GRC leader to develop the compliance program for both regulatory compliance such as SOC2, GDPR, and compliance to our Justworks policies and standards.
- Monitor and analyze changes in relevant regulations and industry standards such as CCPA, GDPR, adapting company policies and procedures as needed.
- Partner with Engineering, IT, People, and Finance on control requirements and evidence production proactively in anticipation of SOC2/SOx, and customer audits.
- Lead and drive security assessments to enable the global Justworks to identify, assess, treat and monitor (via risk register) cybersecurity risks.
- Oversee findings brought forward through the risk reporting and risk exception process and report to security leadership where gaps exist.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders across the company to provide risk visibilities, and more importantly to lead and drive the mitigation of cyber risks.
- Drive on-going security assessments to enable the global Justworks to identify, assess, treat and monitor cybersecurity risks.
- Build a risk aware culture by maturing existing risk management processes to monitor, track, measure and report cyber risks.
- Partner with stakeholders when onboarding vendor solutions to ensure adequate controls are available and enabled in production.
- Build a robust vendor risk management program, including evaluating software supply chain security, vendor security assessments, and assurance vendor incident reporting.
- Oversee vendor relationship for applicable third party vendors providing service delivery of GRC related functions including but not limited to vendor management, security awareness training, GRC management and others.
- Engage with organizational stakeholders to develop and implement engaging and effective security and compliance training programs.
- Drive timely & effective communication via collaboration with various stakeholders including IT, Cyber Defense Operations, Security Architecture & Engineering, People Operations, Customer Service and Marketing.
- Provide mentorship and day-to-day support to GRC analysts to enable the team to deliver best work and develop their professional skills.
- Work with the Security Architecture and Engineering team to identify and implement missing capabilities for GRC to mature and advance GRC’s capabilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Lead Security Risk Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- At least 7+ years' experience directly in cybersecurity fields, with a demonstrated track record of leading complex GRC projects in at least two of the following areas: cyber risk management, vendor security management, policy & compliance, security awareness and communication
- A deep understanding of risk assessment methodology, NIST 800-53, CIS, and associated security and privacy rules
- Strong knowledge and experience with operational risk management, covering the full lifecycle of activities, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- Functional knowledge of security domains and information security industry standard and best practices
- Strong knowledge of third-party assessments, IT risk management, regulatory requirements and compliance and its overall business processes, controls and risk exposure
- Ability to identify and recommend tools, processes, and software to automate and continuously improve security and compliance practices.
- Previous experience with GRC solutions - Archer, Workiva, LogicGate etc
- Technical understanding of cloud-based security in an AWS environment
- Proven track record as a strong communicator both in written and oral presentations; capable of rapidly creating detailed, yet concise documentation
- Proven analytical abilities and using data/facts for decision-making
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- A self-motivated person who can influence and drive cross-functional teams, promoting timely and effective communication
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-sufficient with a proven ability to work independently and prioritize deliverables
- Security Certifications of CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $192,500.00 to $211,750.00 per year.
#LI-AD1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-JS1
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.