Senior Global Operations Specialist
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As a Senior Global Operations Specialist on the International team, you will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll for employees, work across the organization to research and resolve a variety of inquiries, and continuously drive improvements to our workflows. You’ll have the opportunity to directly influence the development of our product in new markets by providing subject matter expertise and will be expected to think critically as you identify opportunities to enable or automate more using technology.
You’re passionate about process design and have a track record of increasing a team’s operational efficiency. You’re detail-oriented, with a keen eye for data and identifying discrepancies. You prioritize accuracy and are eager to troubleshoot complications as needed.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Execute day-to-day operations for Justworks’ payroll system, such as processing and reviewing customer payroll and handling corrections
- Monitor payments processing, triage and resolve incoming payroll related issues
- Perform payroll reconciliation and review the accuracy of income withholding, identifying and resolving any discrepancies
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of payroll tax changes and rules; utilize all available data and resources to make and support complex decisions
- In partnership with Product and team stakeholders, design and implement new workflows or changes, including through automation, based on our evolving international operations
- Continually identify areas of friction in our day-to-day execution and ways to use process and systems to solve them
- Support other teams, including Customer Success and Finance as a payroll subject matter expert
- Maintain internal Operations resources, policies, and procedures, ensuring their relevance and accuracy
- Process income withholding orders, requests for records of employment, and assist with accrual calculations
- Research payroll topics related to product development and new rules or regulations impacting Justworks
- Conduct end of month reconciliation processes with the Accounting team
- Partner with our Audit team to continuously improve our controls
- Conduct tax document reviews to ensure our End of Year compliance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Global Operations Specialist, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of inter-dependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in payroll, operations, and/or other related fields, with at least 2 years of experience processing payroll for employees in Canada and at least two other countries outside of the U.S.
- National Payroll Institute (Canada) PCP preferred, background in accounting a plus
- Demonstrable working knowledge of annual wage bases, employee and employer taxes, and accrual rules
- Familiarity with basic business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Aptitude for quickly learning new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented; you pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors and putting measures in place to prevent these
- Ability to remain flexible and pragmatic under pressure with an ability to thrive in a changing and complex environment
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $86,000.00 to $94,600.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?