Trust & Safety Associate, Critical Response
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Trust and Safety Associate, Critical Response to join our collaborative team. In this role, you will be responsible for executing on processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure, safe, and stable for all users. The role will include a blend of responsibilities from real-time emergency response coordination, tactical evidence gathering, and thorough investigations pertaining to misconduct and compliance on the Instacart platform. This is a full time role, working 1pm-10pm PT, Sunday through Thursday.
About the Team
Instacart's Trust & Safety team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns of fraudulent or other risk related activity and taking appropriate action. This collaborative team leads with empathy to ensure timely, meaningful, coordinated resolutions to ongoing physical threats to life safety and interpersonal misconduct on the platform.
About the Job
- Resolve customer & shopper account issues through timely email or phone responses
- Conduct investigations to detect misconduct and enforce compliance initiatives
- Complete live/ historical data reviews with a detail-oriented approach
- Execute on repetitive operational tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements
- 1-2 years of experience in Investigations, Customer Support, or Hospitality related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Ability to make decisions about critical and sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Weekends, evenings or holiday availability
- Strong academic record
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Experience with and understanding of the gig economy
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.