Senior Product Manager
At Hiya we are on a mission to secure the voice call with trust, identity, and intelligence. We’re protecting everyday people from spam and fraud calls, connecting businesses with their customers, and helping mobile carriers secure their networks for all. In 2015, Hiya founder, Alex Algard, saw the increasing need for innovation in the voice channel and began building the first caller ID and spam blocking apps for mobile while at Whitepages. In early 2016, we brought our Hiya Protect product to market through Samsung Smart Call, AT&T Call Protect (now Active Armor) the first-ever network-based spam solution, and the Hiya consumer app for iOS & Android. Three years later in 2019, we brought Hiya Connect to market, a B2B branded call SaaS solution that enables companies to connect to the consumers they are trying to reach. The combination of Protect, Connect, and the Hiya app has resulted in the world’s largest Voice Security Platform with over 450M users.
About the Position
Hiya Connect is a product for businesses to help them communicate with their customers. Our product suite for enterprises provides rich caller identity, authentication, in addition to in-depth performance analytics. As a Senior Product Manager for Hiya, you'll work with enterprises and various partners to understand their needs and help them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Head the customer development process and learn everything there is to learn about why and how large, medium, and small size businesses call their customers
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define long-term strategy and objectives
- Work with the engineering team, designers, and other product managers to establish quarterly goals, activities, and the key results to measure success
- Participate in the creation of users stories, specs, roadmaps, and own the prioritization of tasks and activities
- Represent the product (and the company) in visits to partners and customers
- Work closely with customer success, sales, and operations teams at Hiya to improve customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention
Qualities that will make you successful:
- Have many years of experience in building fast growing enterprise SaaS products
- Have a general manager / CEO mindset
- Led products from ideation to multiple iterations to find product-market fit
- Are analytically-minded, comfortable with data tools and using data dashboards as a value proposition to retaining customers
- Have mastered the art of SaaS metrics
- Personally led the user experience of comprehensive Web-based services to enterprises/SMBs in nascent product categories
- Have exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, product copy, presentations, visualizations). Be able to rally and motivate your cross-functional teams to achieve the outcome as a team.
The person in this role must embody Hiya’s key values of: Serving our customers, Doing rather than observing, Improving ourselves and our business, Owning and holding ourselves accountable for success and Leading by showing up with a POV, engaging in discussion, listening respectfully to others opinions and committing to decisions.
You will have a fast start if you have experience:
- Have worked at a startup (< 500 employees) in the last 5 years or you believe you'll excel in a startup environment (high ambiguity, high urgency, fast-paced, low support structure)
- Experienced running queries using SQL
- Experience with APIs
- Are proactive, decisive, and when there are no data or facts available, your intuition is right more often than it's wrong
- Demonstrated creativity and product ingenuity
The requirements listed in the job descriptions are guidelines. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable we would still love to hear from you.
The salary for this role is between $150,000 to $180,000. When determining compensation, a number of factors will be considered: skills, experience, job scope, location, and competitive compensation market data.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Status: Full-time
- Type: Hybrid, In office 2x per week
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Travel Requirements: None
- Department: Product, Connect
- Reports to: Vice President of Product, Connect
- Equity compensation
- 401K program with 3% match through Fidelity Investments
- Self managed vacation plan
- 15 Paid holidays including Recharge Days
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision for the employee and 50% coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending, health savings accounts and Pretax dependent day care savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Accident insurance options
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability coverage (in qualifying states)
- Donation Matching for a charity of your choice (up to $1,000/ year)
- $1,000/year reimbursement in Professional Development funds
This position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
We are building a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. We evaluate great candidates through a business lens and we strongly believe that diversity and unique perspectives make our company stronger, more dynamic, and a great place to build a career.
Our team has won various awards over the last 4 years from Built-in Seattle and Seattle Business Week to #86 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Forbes #1 Startup Employer. Here at Hiya, we are a people-centric company focused on helping each and every one of our employees grow both personally and professionally. We feel that creating a team culture of support and empowerment to challenge the status quo results in an energized and passionate team that is continuously challenged and passionate about the work they are doing. You'll love working here if you are looking for an innovative challenge that is disrupting an industry. Come join us!