Benefits Program Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto’s People team is growing and scaling with the company! As our business scales and becomes more complex, and as we add hundreds of new Gusties each year, we need to ensure that our programs evolve and scale in a values-driven manner to attract, retain, and motivate Gusties.
This individual will collaborate with other members of the Benefits team and support Health and Wellbeing, Retirement and Time Away
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Develop & administer benefits programs in the area of Wellbeing. Includes but not limited to:
- Financial (401k, retirement, pension),
- Perks (Family benefits, allowances, etc)
- Onsite and remote engagement activities
- Operationalize and manage comprehensive employee wellbeing programs aimed at promoting harmony between work and personal life.
- Collaborate with internal teams to organize wellness events/workshops, and wellbeing campaigns.
- Employee education:
- Design and deliver educational sessions on wellbeing topics, retirement planning, and financial education
- Develop communication materials to keep employees informed about available programs, resources, and updates related to wellbeing and retirement benefits.
- Vendor management:
- Point of contact for applicable vendors
- Managing contracts, vendor performance and invoicing
- Support Health and Welfare administration as well as our Leave and Time Off programs as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 5 years progressive experience in Benefits Administration which includes; vendor and program management, as well as international administration.
- Proven experience in executing effective wellbeing strategies in a complex, fast-paced, tech environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences and influence positive change in employee behavior.
- Self starter, with an exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills. Able to effectively manage tasks with minimal supervision.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $105,000/yr to $124,000/yr in San Francisco & New York City. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.