Sales Development Rep
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable and consistent internet connection is required.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Sales Development Representative
Your role will be to help potential customers choose Gusto. Interacting with customers who sign up on our website via email, chat, and live phone interactions, you’ll help match our people platform offering to their specific business needs, exercising advisory sales skills. You’ll help them navigate an important onboarding process, demonstrating sophisticated customer success skills. As a Sales Development Representative, you will help us shape the entire sales development process. You’ll also be the first person to chat with potential, inbound customers, so we’re looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates a natural instinct for sales, initiative, resourcefulness, and a thirst for excellence.
Our team of over a hundred sales professionals includes folks practices across all channels and with different types of customers, but we all share deep passion and commitment to solutions selling: our company exists to solve problems for small businesses, and our sales team is a vital front door for small businesses who need and love our solutions. We have communal goals, a team spirit, and company leadership that cares about selling the right way.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Qualify, and schedule demos for potential Gusto customers
- Follow up with a high volume of leads within a short timeframe.
- Field inbound emails and dials from leads (Our current team averages ~10 emails/day 65 dials/day)
- Document various details like customer profiles, responses, and next steps
- Actively listen to understand what customers need and confidently communicating Gusto's value proposition
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
- Research, develop, and implement sales strategies and tactics to drive more demos
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Track record of success and over-achievement (in work or school based setting)
- Experience using a CRM to track progress is a plus (we use Salesforce)
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and full of win
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- Technically proficient and experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff)
- Cold-calling/prospecting experience is a plus
- Experience working in B2B sales preferred
- Great at communicating on the phone, over email, and in person
You must be located in the Metro area of Denver, CO, or Detroit, MI in order to qualify for this role. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted between $24.04/hr In Denver & Detroit. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location,experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Should you determine a reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during your candidate journey, please reach out to your recruiting partner.