Payroll Transfers Advocate
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable and consistent internet connection is required.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a core member of the payroll onboarding team, you’ll be responsible for setting up customer accounts to run payroll with Gusto while providing a delightful experience. You’ll put their minds at ease by guiding them through a complex process, providing timely information, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly.
The Payroll Onboarding team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the payroll transfer and onboarding of small business owners and their employees to the Gusto platform. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every single day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will assist, implement, and support customers at key moments in their payroll onboarding experience
- You will complete new Gusto payroll account setup on behalf of the customer and serve as their go-to advocate
- You will analyze, troubleshoot, and transfer sensitive customer data into the Gusto platform
- You will understand customer issues and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- You will work with your teammates to deliver on customer deadlines
- You will serve as a thought partner to our sales team to ensure successful transfers
- You will directly communicate with customers in the form of both phone and email
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-2+ years work experience - bonus points for exposure to payroll onboarding, finance, banking, healthcare or a start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with customers
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Enjoy working collaboratively with many stakeholders across the company
- Strong project management skills, organization abilities, and overall attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, leadership
- Experience with Salesforce
- Payroll, tax, or compliance knowledge
- Proficient in Excel
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $23.56 - $26.45 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Should you determine a reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during your candidate journey, please reach out to your recruiting partner.