Manager I, Software Engineering (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Software Engineering Manager to help lead a newly created product team. This role will lead a team of product engineers in day-to-day operations, managing the team’s agile practices, influencing our technology and process, and regular planning of roadmap deliverables. An ideal candidate will demonstrate prior success in communicating team risks, progress, navigating unexpected requests, and leading teams through delivery of scalable, high quality solutions. You’ll work closely with peers across architecture, product and engineering to craft great solutions to people, process or technology issues that might arise.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Coach, mentor, and hire diverse Software and Test Engineers
- Build and cultivate a culture of diverse people, critical thought, and sustainable practices
- Lead the team by example; demonstrate empathy, problem solving, and delivery reliability
- Prioritize team members’ growth and career development by aligning their strengths to critical outcomes for the business
- Partner with our product management team to build and maintain the team’s backlog, help scope epics and stories, and enable the team to deliver on organizational commitments and technical wellness
- Prioritize team focus by advocating for iterative solutions and eradicating distractions
- Assist your squads as they build solutions based on a modern stack (e.g. TypeScript/React, Python, AWS Lambda, Datadog)
- Collaborate with our architects to ensure proposed solutions are in line with the organization’s overall vision and practices
- Work closely with Product partners and other EMs to deliver extraordinary value to stakeholders
- Review current processes and services to make sure the team is functioning as efficiently and sustainably as possible
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A desire to lead a team of 3+ software and quality engineers
- A consistent track record of leading others in a technical or managerial role
- Expertise in technologies like AWS, React, TypeScript, Python and Node
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- A strong desire to influence product priorities, process, and outcomes
- Empathy, humility, vulnerability, and a desire to learn
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $175,000-$201,250 as well as company stock options. We are committed to providing opportunities that align with our larger company strategy of Career Mobility. We believe that skills are transferable and value candidates that have a passion for our mission and a learner’s mindset. If you don’t have 100% of the qualifications but can see yourself doing a great job, we invite you to apply.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth