Key Account Director (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Key Account Director to drive net new business for Guild by voicing support for strategic value of education benefits for Fortune 500 companies.
As a Key Account Director, you will be responsible for initiating and maintaining senior level client relationships and closing net new business through understanding those clients' business goals. Own sophisticated sales structures end-to-end while employing various sales strategies including prospecting, call planning, account planning and org mapping in an effort to drive positive sales outcomes.
As a Key Account Director, you will:
- Engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies (e.g Fortune 500) to generate new business and grow revenue through meetings and phone calls
- Develop and progress pipeline through prospecting, including partnering with our BDR and ABM teams
- Build strategic customer-facing presentations and proposals, focused on solutions and outcomes
- Cultivate champions within your accounts to ensure a well developed solution with broad internal support and a clear understanding of the buying and decision making process
- Work with a broad range of internal Guild partners to design programs, deliver outcome-focused executive presentations, complete workshops, complete project scoping and sizing activities, plan launch/implementation, and negotiate contracts
- Develop detailed account plans, customer action plans, and executive briefing documents to drive pipeline development and opportunity progression
- Negotiate complex and unique contracts
- Establish and execute a cross-functional account strategy, balancing inputs from multiple Guild stakeholders and pivoting messaging as our offering evolves
Ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years field sales experience at the enterprise level
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales cycles within Fortune 500 accounts (bonus if you have experience selling into CHRO and HR)
- Proven success of selling contract values larger than $1M
- A consistent track record of success (top performer, consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota)
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and rapid growth expectations
- A persistent sense of urgency and the ability to create urgency within accounts and with internal stakeholders
- A highly strategic mindset, acting as a consultant to your client using a well structured repeatable process to move prospects from discovery through close
- Above average organizational and presentation skills
- Experience with executive selling
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $175,000 - $193,750 as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth