Manager, Enterprise Sales, Grammarly for Education
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Manager, Enterprise Sales, to join our Grammarly for Education Enterprise Sales team. The person in this role will evolve our large accounts selling motion, help inform our product roadmap, partner with customer success leadership, and continue to build our team to achieve our growth goals for 2024 and beyond. Reporting directly to the Head of Grammarly for Education Sales, this role in establishing relationships with the most prominent universities and college systems in the world.
Grammarly aims to continue accelerating our enterprise sales motion in education. A significant growth area is expanding our footprint within the top universities and college systems in the United States and Canada. In this role, you will engage in the field to land our most significant contracts and have a unique opportunity to build a distinctive sales organization based on your vision and passion for excellence.
In the first few quarters, you will work with leadership and marketing to unlock new enterprise relationships while coaching and developing the Enterprise Sales team. By the end of the first year, your team will have closed significant new logos, achieved annual targets, and established a high-performing sales culture.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate sales excellence through rigorous forecasting and hitting quarterly targets.
- Establish a high-performance team through continual coaching and performance management.
- Set records for our largest relationships.
- Help refine the messaging/positioning of Grammarly for Education to support sales best.
- Inform the product roadmap for Grammarly for Education to unlock faster growth.
- Help set up a successful end-to-end revenue machine, including marketing, product, sales build-out, and underlying ops and pipeline management.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4-6 weeks per year, traveling if necessary to a Grammarly hub and also in the field as needed to close business.
- Has experience with large enterprise deals and selling at a C-suite level in the Higher Education vertical.
- Proactively manages deal cycles to set up each stage for success.
- Relentlessly sets and pursues short and long-term goals.
- Identifies opportunities and creatively works through challenges.
- Attracts, manages, and develops talent.
- Leverages data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Effectively leverages in-house expert knowledge to close deals.
- Achieves quarterly targets and projected goals.
- Has a solid understanding of SaaS and subscription business models.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
The commission portion for this role will be 40% of the On-Target Earning (OTE).
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.