Demo Architect, Customer Success
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We are currently hiring a Demo Architect to support our Customer Success Engineering team. Demo Architects are trusted advisors to the CS organization and own creation, maintenance, and enablement of delivery of customized customer facing demos, workshops, and other collateral. Demo Architects are critical in scaling post-sales functions across the organization and delivering customer revenue.
This is a cross functional role that collaborates with Customer Success Engineers, IT Systems Engineering, and Marketing to make sure a central repository of all the content is curated, maintained, and made visible at a regular cadence.
What you'll do
- Act as the DRI for a central repository for all demo collateral and as the single source of truth for demos, workshops, and hands-on labs.
- Collaborate with cross functional GitLab team members to ensure demos remain current in accordance with the GitLab platform release cadence.
- Create and deliver documentation and enablement to the CS team on how to use the demos, workshop, and other related artifacts.
- Act as the DRI for providing clear and up-to-date handbook information on how to leverage all demo architecture resources, demo architecture roadmaps, and FAQs.
- Communicate updates and demo architecture roadmaps to the CS organization on at least a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with the it-systems-engineering team to ensure GitLab instances are configured and available for demonstrations and workshops.
- Ensure systems contain reliable, current data for repeatability in storytelling.
What you'll bring
- Professional experience in the IT / software development industry.
- Technical sales experience.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- In-depth knowledge of the entire GitLab application.
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and cloud-native technology.
- Experience with waterfall, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and able to discuss workflows for different software development processes.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the CSE team Manager or Director.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Demo Architect peer or other SA team Manager or Director.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.