Clinical Pharmacist - Remote - 2203610
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Clinical Pharmacist, and you’ll play an important role in enhancing clinical pharmacy programs such as drug utilization review, prior authorization, health outcomes, disease state management, care management and other specialty programs. It’s an exceptional opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. Join us today and start helping making a difference in the lives of millions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews for Medicare high-cost Part B therapeutic categories
- Evaluate and activate clinical and affordability strategies (e.g., B vd D, dose optimization, claim edits, rebates, preferred product, site of care, vendor, appropriate therapy/de-escalations, utilization management, referral management, contracting)
- Oversee pharmacy projects from inception to completion
- Provide responses to drug information requests
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Act as a knowledge resource for others with less experience
Broad-based and comprehensive knowledge is critical to success in this role. You’ll need to be comfortable making recommendations on behalf of a highly diverse patient population. In addition, you’ll need to be well-versed in product formularies.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure
- 3+ years of experience working as a clinical pharmacist
- Experience conducting research and analysis
- Pharm D
- PBM experience
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
- Home Infusion Pharmacy experience
- Medicare Pharmacy experience
- Prior Authorization experience
- Infusion Center experience
- Program Development experience
- Pharmacoeconomic experience
- Pharmacy residency experience
- LEAN process and six sigma experience
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California/Colorado/Connecticut/Hawaii/Nevada/New Jersey/New York/Rhode Island/Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.