Medical Assistant - 2208313
$1,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Associate Medical Assistant works to assist clinicians in providing health care at clinic locations. An Associate Medical Assistant serves the patient and all members of the health care team by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner. This role provides quality patient care and helps to establish rapport between the clinician and patient. The Associate Medical Assistant works to assist clinicians in providing health care at clinic locations. An Associate Medical Assistant serves the patient and all members of the health care team by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner. This role provides quality patient care and helps to establish rapport between the clinician and patient.
- Location: 4045 Hempstead Trnpke Bethpage, NY 11714
- Secondary Location: 108-48 70th Rd Ste 1 and Suite 2E, Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Schedule: 37.5 hours per week. Monday 9am – 7pm, Tuesday 9:30am – 6pm, Wednesday 9:30am – 5pm, Thursday 8:30am – 5:30am, and Friday 9am – 1pm
- Specialty: Allergy and Immunology
The Associate MA will increasingly gain responsibility for providing assistance to the healthcare clinician by providing direct patient care
- Obtains patient histories and vital signs and records accurately in the Electronic Medical Record
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment and documents chief complaints
- Retrieves laboratory and radiology test results and instructs patients regarding medications and treatment per clinician’s instructions
- Stocks supplies and prepares exam rooms and instruments for examinations, testing, or minor surgeries
- Potential for heavy phone usage. Responds to incoming phone calls and refers if necessary. Calls patients as necessary to follow up and/or schedule appointments
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Experience in a medical office setting
- Experience working with EPIC
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $23.94 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.